Friday, January 29, 2010

In The Beginning (RE-CAP)


A lot of work has transpired since the beginning of this blog so I thought it would be good to go back to the beginning and review the family tree.


At left are 3 generations taking the family of Thomas DAW and Elizabeth WHITEBREAD through to their grandchildren and their spouses.


To get this to work I had to create a chart in the Family Tree Maker Charting Companion and format it in a 2 page legal size PDF. I then rotated the PDF page 90 degrees to use the maximum screen space and grabbed the image as a BMP file using SnagIT. Next, I opened the file in Irfanview and reversed the rotation saving the final image as a JPG for easy uploading. All of this image manipulation results in a bit of a fuzzy image but you can enlarge it by clicking on it.

Unfortunately, the chart spanned two pages so there are two images. If anyone wants a nice printable PDF file just leave me a comment with your email and I'll send it to you as an attachment.


In fact, if anyone wants any kind of DAWES Family report such as a register report or chart with more details, I will be glad to oblige although, I won't include any living individuals or people for whom I don't have a death date unless they were born before 1910. This is to protect the privacy of the people who have supplied me with detailed family trees. If you need more on any particular line I will gladly put you in touch with the appropriate cousin.

My primary interest is the family of Thomas DAWES and Ann LANGRIDGE which is the green middle part of the chart, however, I am in touch with living descendants of all branches shown above that have survived into the twenty-first century.

No comments:

Post a Comment